Animal Care Expo’s Poster Session is a visual showcase of impactful new initiatives, recent research and best practices in the field of animal welfare. Posters are a way to dive into data, tips and tools with conference attendees. Conference attendees can browse posters during Exhibit Hall hours.
If your poster is approved, as the primary author, you will be awarded one complimentary full conference registration (registration is not transferable). The poster author(s) is/are responsible for their transportation, lodging and other travel costs associated with attending the conference.
Preparing a poster to share at Animal Care Expo’s Poster Session takes some time and work, but it is well worth the effort and provides an opportunity to shine at the largest international professional development conference and trade show for animal welfare professionals and volunteers.
All are invited to submit a poster title and description for consideration. The submission form will remain open through January 5, 2024.
To submit a Poster Session proposal, see link to the application form below with contact information for the author(s) and a poster title and description. The description should include a statement of purpose of your poster and a summary of the background, methods, data and results of your work. Include what kind of visual materials will be used on the poster, such as photographs, charts, or graphs. Please limit your proposal description to no more 300 words. By submitting a proposal, the author agrees that should the presentation be accepted, the author will be in attendance at Animal Care Expo 2024 to share and present at the Poster Session.
If selected, a PDF of the final poster must be submitted by March 15, 2024. This PDF of the poster will be available to attendees along with other conference handouts on the conference portal. Poster Session authors are responsible for printing their posters and delivering them to the conference. A bulletin board and thumbtacks will be provided.
- Printed final version of poster should be of 40" x 32" (102 cm x 81 cm); landscape or portrait orientation; note you are responsible for printing costs that range from $25-70.
- The most accessible and easy-to-use software for creating a poster is Microsoft PowerPoint. Although PowerPoint is typically used to design screen-sized slides for presentation, you can alter the size of a slide in PowerPoint - for instance, change its dimensions from 11" wide by 8 1/2" tall to 40" wide by 32" tall. Essentially, you're creating a "slide" that is the size of a poster. PowerPoint will allow you to easily embed text, graphics, adjust background colors, and more.
- Adobe InDesign is another program option. Regardless of how it is created, your poster must be submitted in PDF format.
- Posters should be eye-catching, visual representations of a topic
- Highlight, with a visual display, the main points or components of a project, while drawing the viewer in and prompting further discussion
- Text and images should be large enough to be seen from a distance of several feet
- Think visually, avoid large blocks of continuous text and create a logical flow of information with boxes and headings. Include relevant, colorful, clearly labeled, and legible images.
- Prepare a short pitch discussing the poster presentation (less than 3 minutes is recommended)
- A PDF of the poster must be submitted by March 15, 2024
- January 5, 2024: Abstract submissions close
- January 19, 2024: Acceptance notifications sent via e-mail on or before this date
- March 15, 2024: PDF of accepted poster due
- May 15-18, 2024: Animal Care Expo
To submit your proposal, click the button below:
|Present a Poster|
Email Email Hannah Houser at email@example.com with questions about the poster session at Animal Care Expo 2023.
Poster Session presentation examples
Below you will find a few examples of past posters presented at Animal Care Expo: