Animal Care League is looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic addition to our adoption team. Adoption Associates act as ambassadors for the organization as well as advocates for the cats, dogs and other small mammals in our program. This position works directly with the public supporting an important part of our mission-the human/animal bond! The ideal candidate would be able to effectively multi-task in a busy and hectic environment, have a sincere passion for people as well as animals, and be willing to work to help pair animals and people with minimal barriers and lots of education to set both animals and people up for success!
Responsibilities include: Managing incoming adoption applications and conducting initial screenings, utilizing technology such as Zoom and Facetime as a tool to complete appointments/animal introductions, managing adoption traffic during open hours, responding to adopter inquiries, conducting adoption appointments/screenings/counseling sessions, attending offsite adoption events, assisting with promoting animals in the adoption program, offering support to the foster program as needed, assisting with office duties, receiving and processing incoming donations, and other office support duties as needed.
Candidates considering applying should be able to do the following:
• Work in a fast paced environment with a very diverse clientele
• Be comfortable adjusting communication styles to suit different demographics
• Be outgoing and have extraordinary conversational skills
• Have a strong foundation of animal handling and husbandry experience and be able to share that knowledge with others
• Maintain a positive attitude and work well as a team
• Be comfortable working with animals who may be stressed or who have experienced trauma
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills
• Foundational knowledge of animal behavior, medical care and responsibilities of pet ownership
• Comfortable handling animals of all breeds, sizes and temperaments.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a customer service focused role
• Minimum 1 year of animal handling experience
• Strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
• Strong computer skills
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
Previous animal shelter/adoption counseling/animal care experience a huge plus! Bi-Lingual English/Spanish a huge plus!
Part & full-time positions are available. Pay rate is dependent on experience but typically ranges from $14-16/HR. This position requires some night & weekend availability. Candidates without the minimum requirements may not be considered.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Monday, August 1, 2022