Does this sound like you?
• You are passionate about supporting and improving the lives of cats and dogs and the people who care for them.
• You are an experienced business professional adept at leading high-performance teams that consistently meet or exceed performance goals.
• You like to roll up your sleeves and do what ever it takes to get the job done.
• You know the nature of non-profit leadership means constantly adapting; meeting with executive leaders on one day and filling in at the front desk the next.
• You can motivate a team to do their best work even in the toughest of circumstances.
• You are a dynamic, compelling communicator. You can calm down an angry customer and turn them into a lifelong ambassador of Animal Humane.
If so, you might be our next Adoptions Operations Director. Here’s the scoop:
You will oversee the management and performance of all adoption-related efforts, pet admissions and pet behavior services for our Main Campus and satellite adoption locations. Some of the specific responsibilities include:
• Providing direct leadership over the adoptions operations to ensure efficient, high-quality, cost-effective performance of all programs.
• Leading and supporting a team of compassionate Adoptions Advisor, area leads and managers.
• Working closely with our Animal Care and Clinic teams to meet appropriate capacity and care goals.
• Developing, tracking and reporting on administrative and financial plans for the department including program plans and budgets.
• Management and oversite of pet populations and pet movements to meet monthly and annual adoption goals.
• Collaborate with other departs to identify, develop and implement creative and innovative programs shelter-wide.
Who we are:
An amazing shelter that saves and impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate and shares a common goal of supporting and improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats and dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door and collaboration and positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values and the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in management, business management, social welfare program management or a related area of study.
• Three to five years of direct experience supervising and managing a team of 20+ employees in an animal welfare or social welfare agency. Must be able to effectively train, coach, support and motivate others.
• Knowledge of animal management procedures including sheltering practices and veterinary issues preferred.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2021