Are you looking for a position with a work/life balance? Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
Animal Care and Protective Services is actively seeking an Animal Behavior Coordinator.
Did you know as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 12 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. City of Jacksonville employees are also eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of public service and on-time payments.
This is technical work in the identification of behavior problems, evaluation of concerning behaviors and creation, implementation and execution of behavior modification and training protocol.
- Two years of education and/or technical experience in animal husbandry, professional animal handling and care experience and
- A minimum of one-year experience in a shelter or animal welfare environment.
- Behavior certification by a nationally accredited professional dog training or behavior consulting organizations is preferred.
- Euthanasia Technician Certification is required to be obtained during probation period and must be maintained.
- A valid driver's license is required and must be maintained during employment in this class.
- Must qualify for prior to appointment, obtain, and maintain during employment in this class a City of Jacksonville certification as a public driver.
The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. Employees are afforded 12 paid holidays plus a paid personal day. Our comprehensive benefit programs include defined contribution retirement plan, medical, dental and vision plans; life insurance coverage for you and your dependents; flexible spending plans for medical reimbursement, dependent care; an employee assistance program for you and your dependents; a 457(b) tax-deferred compensation plan to supplement your retirement, and a ROTH IRA plan. We also provide an extensive wellness program that includes a health intervention program if qualified, lunch and learns, health fairs, and discounted gym memberships.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. To be considered for this position you MUST apply online at https://www.coj.net/jobs.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Monday, October 31, 2022