Here at SPCA Florida, our strength is our staff. We know that caring for animals is more than just a job, it's our passion. We have a team of dedicated, innovative, and compassionate people who work together to care for every animal that comes to our Adoption Center. We know that we can make a difference every day in the lives of animals. The Feline Care Team are responsible for the overall care of all the animals within our shelter by providing food, water, and a clean environment. Must have customer service skills and act as a spokesperson for the organization to promote our purpose and our programs to the general public. Come join our mission and feel good about saving LIVES.
Job Duties, include but not limited to:
• The daily cleaning and feeding of the animals.
• The daily monitoring of animal health
• Assisting the public with general information and adoptions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in an animal shelter, kennel, or related field preferred.
• Position often requires lifting and carrying materials up to 40 lbs.
• Individual must have the ability to handle heavy and fast-paced workload.
• Very physical job.
• Basic knowledge of proper methods of animal restraint and animal behavior.
• Ability to work well and communicate effectively with the public, fellow employees, and volunteers.
• Problem solving skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people.
• Must be compassionate, LOVE ANIMALS, and have a positive attitude.
SPCA Florida offers competitive wages and an invigorating work environment with lots of room for career growth. We believe in a work/life balance to have a happy home life. This position allows you to participate in our excellent benefits package which includes paid time off, 401K, health, dental and vision insurance, six (6) paid holidays, and pet care discounts. As an added benefit, SPCA Florida pays for CVA online program if not a CVT. At SPCA Florida we have created what we believe is a good balance between professional expertise and a positive work environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace; background checks
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Friday, March 5, 2021