Are you looking for a position with a work/life balance? Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
The City of Jacksonville is actively seeking an Animal Code Enforcement Officer for their Animal Care and Protective Services Division.
Did you know as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 11 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. This is technical work in enforcing animal care and control laws, involving the apprehending of stray, free-roaming, injured, and diseased animals; investigation of animal cruelty complaints; issuing of warning notices and citations; educating the public; and performance of clerical related duties.
Open requirements include:
• Three years of education and/or experience in enforcement of animal care and control laws; compliance inspections or enforcement activities relating to laws, or other local, state or federal code violations; customer complaint and resolution be certified through any state or national animal control association and have at least one year of experience working in an animal related field.
• FL Class E Driver's License is required prior to appointment and must be maintained.
• City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification must qualify for prior to appointment, obtain and maintain during employment.
• Officer Certification (FL Animal Control Association) must be obtained within twelve months and must be maintained.
• Euthanasia Technician Certification within twelve months and must be maintained.
The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. In order to be considered for this position you MUST apply online at www.coj.net/jobs.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Thursday, July 28, 2022