At Nevada Humane Society our mission is to care for pets, find them homes, and save lives because we believe that all pets deserve a happy, healthy life. If you, too, have a passion for lifesaving, we invite you to apply for the role of Assistant Shelter Manager with Nevada Humane Society.
The Assistant Shelter Manager supports the Shelter Manager and shelter team in achieving NHS goals: finding good homes for animals while creating a positive experience for the Carson community. The Assistant Manager supervises and manages staff, supports the Shelter Manager to ensure that animals are made ready for adoption in a timely manner, and oversees the cleanliness and efficiency of the shelter.
• Assists Shelter Manager, and other staff members, to facilitate quality pet care and adoptions
• Serves and interacts with general public, talking with prospective adopters, pet owners that have lost their pets, or residents needing animal control assistance
• Trains and supervises staff to ensure quality customer service, animal care, and cleanliness
• Provides high quality customer service
• Works with and trains volunteers
• Assists the Marketing Director by photographing adoptions and keeps record of positive adoption stories
• Advises people who are having a problem with their pet and/or who want to surrender their pet, with the goal of keeping the pet in the home
• Uses shelter management software to track animals and provides reports and data
• Learns about cat and dog behavior, common issues, and ways to address them
• Assists with cleaning, including spot cleaning of animal and public areas throughout the day
• Monitors health of animals on an ongoing basis and rapidly reports any problems or conditions (medical or behavioral) to the Shelter Manager or Clinic staff
• Treats all animals humanely, properly, and compassionately at all times, regardless of circumstance and promotes a humane and caring attitude toward all animals
• Fills in for other areas and performs other tasks/functions as needed
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• High school graduation or GED equivalent.
• College Education preferred
• Customer service experience and/or working with animals preferred.
• 1 year previous management/supervisory experience required
• 2-4 years previous experience with customer service
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Valid CA or NV Driver’s license and ability to pass Nevada Humane Society Motor Vehicle Report criteria. Current auto insurance.
Availability and a willingness to work a flexible schedule are a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communications skills
• Willingness and ability to learn shelter management software
• Willingness and ability to learn about animal behavior, common issues, and ways to address them
• Maturity, good judgment and professional personal appearance
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Ability to turn people down without becoming aggressive or unpleasant
• Knowledge of animal behavior or experience volunteering or working with a rescue group or humane society are a plus
• Comfort and ability to work with animals of unknown disposition and those who may exhibit aggressive tendencies
If interested, please review full job posting and apply at https://nevadahumanesociety.org/employment/.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Saturday, January 1, 2022