The Communications Director will set and actively manage the strategy and deliverables for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA’s mission to a diverse set of stakeholders. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, manage and evaluate the annual communication plan and corresponding budgets – to include media, web, print and key partner relations.
• Actively lead, manage and evaluate all public relations efforts, including developing earned and paid media strategies and budgets, pitching media and conducting interviews as appropriate.
• Lead generation of online and media content that engages audiences and leads to measurable action.
• Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures and web.
• Oversee communications project planning and management, including providing strategic direction and tactical support to all programs/departments.
• Keep branding and messaging relevant, working collaboratively with the Chief Executive Officer as appropriate.
• Organize and manage situation/crises communications as needed.
• Proactively seek partnerships and opportunities to increase awareness in diverse communities.
• Support corporate sponsorship outreach for annual partnerships as well as event partnerships.
• Manage and evaluate the SPCA’s merchandising program, including responsibility for revenue and expense targets.
• Other projects as assigned
• Team player with a positive can-do attitude, ability to work independently to produce high quality work products, and manage multiple clients and projects.
• 5-7 years of relevant communications experience; traditional media experience is highly preferred.
• Proven experience with communications research and strategy; media relations; developing content for various audiences; digital engagement best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field, or applicable work experience.
• Belief in the mission and values of the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA.
• Strong knowledge of press and media relations practices.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of and facility with social media platforms.
• Ability and desire to stay plugged into what’s happening in the mass media and popular culture.
• Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and volunteers.
• Professional, well organized and strong attention to detail.
• Committed to excellence, and eager to constantly learn and grow.
• Highly motivated, and results oriented, able to complete tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Flexible and able to work cooperatively under pressure.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2022