The Communications Specialist is responsible for social, digital and print media and content projects at the Charlottesville Albemarle SPCA. We are looking for a motivated, results-oriented and entrepreneurial candidate with integrity; a positive, can do attitude; commitment to animal welfare and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks is a must.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement long-term and project-based communications strategies.
• Identify good stories and exercise good storytelling skills.
• Pitch television, radio, print, and online media and secure stories for placement.
• Develop and produce content to engage and educate audiences across various channels, including newsletters, blogs, graphics, website, social media.
• Develop and execute social media activities across multiple channels.
• Oversee the maintenance of the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA website.
• Develop and execute email programs and strategies through campaigns and actions, including writing appeals and other calls to-action.
• Research and collect information and data for content and communications strategy.
• Help manage and drive events and campaign rollouts, including developing email invitations, managing invitation lists.
• Organize online events, performing outreach and marketing, creating social sharing toolkits, managing “day of” social media and more.
• Create, proofread and coordinate production of communications materials.
• Other projects as assigned
• Team player with a positive can-do attitude, ability to work independently to produce high quality work products, and manage multiple clients and projects.
• 3-5 years of relevant communications experience; traditional media experience is highly preferred.
• Proven experience with communications research and strategy; media relations; developing content for various audiences; digital engagement best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field, or applicable work experience.
• Belief in the mission and values of the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA.
• Strong knowledge of press and media relations practices.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of and facility with social media platforms.
• Ability and desire to stay plugged into what’s happening in the mass media and popular culture.
• Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and volunteers.
• Professional, well organized and strong attention to detail.
• Committed to excellence, and eager to constantly learn and grow.
• Highly motivated, and results oriented, able to complete tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Flexible and able to work cooperatively under pressure.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2022