Job DescriptionCleveland Animal Protective League is looking for a detail-oriented development professional with donor relations and Raiser’s Edge experience to join our team!
How you’ll impact our mission?
The Cleveland Animal Protective League believes in maintaining the human-animal bond whenever possible. This is an important role within the organization that provides support to the Development department. Our strategic priorities are capitalizing on new giving strategies and trends that will increase fundraising in support of the APL’s growing mission-related and business needs
If you believe in delivering the best animal and client service possible, want to be an active part of a team that saves the lives of homeless animals and works together to make quality pet care accessible to pet owners facing financial challenges, you may be just the person we need!
What’s in it for you?
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and promote a drug-free workplace. We are always seeking dynamic individuals who will help fulfill our mission. We believe that the only way we are successful is with the right team, so we will invest in you.
As an employee you’ll enjoy:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan with 100% company match
- Paid life insurance and long-term disability plan
- Two banks of Paid Time Off – Vacation Time and Sick Time
- 4 Paid Self Care days (one day each quarter)
- 9 Paid Holidays, 7 APL official holidays, plus two (2) floating holidays of personal choice
- Paid Bereavement time (family and pets)
- Employee Animal Wellness Program – extremely low service rates for veterinary care by our clinic!
… and many more!
What you’ll do?
- Oversees annual report mailing: merges letters for snail mail and coordinates the mailing and distribution of the annual report.
- Merges letters to confirm donor listings for annual wall listing. Helps to enter responses into Raisers Edge.
- Merges letters and mails out monthly cage sponsorship renewals.
- Assists with calendar mailing. Ensures flyers are ready for inclusion in acknowledgment letters and for Fur Ball event.
- Provides timely and accurate preparation of purchase orders for Development Department.
- Supports Fur Ball with various tasks, including merging auction solicitation and corporate sponsorship packages, tracking auction items as they come in and recording in OneCause database, and assisting with follow-up phone calls for auction solicitations and guest information.
- Assists with printing of large gift letters for signature.
- Assists with event preparation for telethons and day of event activities as needed.
- Mail/emails and tracks RSVPs for donor Yappy Hours and other stewardship events as assigned.
- Assists Gift Processing with deposits, stuffing of acknowledgment letters, and Raisers Edge batching and clean up as assigned.
- Provides estate support as assigned by Vice President of Philanthropy and Communication.
What we’re looking for:
- High School diploma or equivalent experience in general office work.
- Ability to use a PC.
- Competency in using Microsoft Office 365 (e.g., Excel, Word (including mail merging), Outlook, Teams, OneDrive), and other widely used software platforms. Raiser’s Edge database familiarity preferred. Must be able to learn new software as necessary.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of staff, board members, donors, and collaborative partners.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a wide diversity of individuals, including high-level corporate executives, board members, donors, members of the community, and others.
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License and insurable driving record.
This is a part time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2024