Homeward Pet is currently seeking a Development Director to partner with the executive director and the development team in order to grow the major gift program and manage the Rehoming Homeward campaign. The goal of the position is to significantly increase the fundraising capacity of Homeward Pet Adoption Center and the ability of Homeward Pet to move into a new facility in 2024. Specifically, their work will be focused on:
• Utilizing experience and resources to engage with existing and new major donors, including donors with diverse backgrounds and representing different age groups, for the purpose of growing the major gift program.
• Managing a major gift portfolio including individual, foundation and corporate donors and prospects, to support the “Rehoming Homeward” campaign; soliciting campaign gifts for the 2024 move.
• Focus on growing annual giving to Homeward Pet Adoption Center in partnership with the Annual Giving Manager.
• Creating consistent, powerful and compelling fundraising messaging in partnership with the Marketing & Communications Manager
• Leading and growing a team of individuals focused on the financial stability of the organization.
Homeward Pet is seeking a fundraising professional who is passionate about animal welfare with focus on the adoption and care of companion animals. They will be comfortable with outreach and starting new conversations. As a supervisor (3-4 fte) they lead by example, set clear expectations, celebrate successes and understand the value of their role as a leader and member of a team. They will have experience with all major fundraising approaches, with specific experience leading campaign, major giving and corporate strategies. The following specific skills, experiences and traits will be key to success in this role:
• Experience in a fund development role with a history of successfully delivering on fundraising goals
• Experience leading a team including hiring, coaching, and directing while building a culture of excellence and accountability
• A history of strategic and solution-centric thinking, including a proven ability to drive towards ambitious goals and respond to unforeseen challenges and opportunities
• A successful track record of graciously cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors
• Comfort and confidence to work collaboratively with a willingness to give and receive feedback
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Possess humility, lead with transparency and motivate those around you with personal positivity
Salary $65,000. Benefits include 24 days PTO, 6 holidays, medical, vision and dental for employees, veterinary services for your dogs and cats.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Friday, December 31, 2021