Job DescriptionExecutive Director
Springfield Humane Society (the “Shelter”), Springfield, VT
• The Executive Director is responsible for the oversight of the operations of the Shelter to fulfill the Shelter’s mission. The Executive Director oversees Shelter workers and operations and assists in the development and implementation of budgets, policies, procedures and strategies. The Executive Director serves as the Shelter’s spokesperson and is the direct supervisor of the Shelter Manager. This role reports to the Shelter’s Board of Trustees.
• Oversees and executes all Shelter activities and programs, including animal care programs and daily operations, and ensures that the activities and programs are administered humanely and in accordance with the Shelter’s mission, strategic plan and as directed by the Board.
• Develops long range plans and strategies to ensure that the Shelter’s philosophy, mission and strategic plan are adhered to throughout the organization.
• Oversees the hiring, supervision, evaluation, and development of other Shelter personnel.
• Ensures business records of the Shelter are created and maintained.
• Oversees all routine income and expenditures of the Shelter.
• Oversees activities related to receipt of incoming animals and animal adoptions.
• Represents the Shelter and serves as chief contact and spokesperson to community regarding animal issues.
• Oversees the Shelter’s fund-raising activities and fosters beneficial relationships with patrons, businesses and foundations.
• Performs such other duties as appropriate and consistent with role of an Executive Director and as may be assigned.
• Requires a college degree or equivalent experience in relevant field.
• Minimum 5+ years related experience.
• Demonstrated supervisory knowledge, including principles of effective supervision, decision-making techniques, ability to maintain respected leadership role, ability to delegate effectively authority while maintaining control, and ability to promote interdepartmental cooperation.
• Program management knowledge, including business management practices, basic statistical methods and skill in strategic planning.
• Demonstrated success in major gift fund raising, fund development and familiarity with grant writing.
• Proficiency in computer and social media skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to maintain the highest standards of professional ethics, moral code and personal integrity
Springfield, VT, USA.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Friday, February 16, 2024