Want to work in one of the coolest vacation destinations on the planet? Join our team in Palm Springs, California!
Friends of the Palm Springs Animal Shelter transforms lives through extraordinary animal care and advocacy. We inspire compassion and positive relationships between the humans and animals through direct action and humane education. We envision a world where all animals are treated with kindness, compassion, and respect. And we aren’t stopping until we get there.
FPSAS is seeking an experienced executive leader with solid high-level leadership skills and a demonstrated commitment to our life-saving mission.
The Executive Director (ED) executes the strategic plan and vision of FPSAS, overseeing operations at the Palm Springs Animal Shelter (an open-admissions, public animal shelter), as well as all departments and community programs. The ED will foster a compassionate and performance-driven culture to carry out the FPSAS mission in a responsible and sustainable manner. The position requires active involvement in the community, keen knowledge and understanding of animal welfare trends and best practices, and the ability to deploy high-performing business practices to deliver exceptional service.
The ED builds, fosters and maintains an inclusive, diverse, and respectful performance-driven culture, developing and promoting opportunities for education, advancement, and growth for team members, both staff and volunteers. The ED will continually monitor and improve the organization’s performance on all key goals and metrics, and actively create space for creative collaboration, discovery and innovation.
The position is responsible for critical performance metrics and outcomes for each key functional area:
● Human Resources
● Retail sales
● Communications and marketing
● Technology and systems
● Shelter operations
● Veterinary and health services
● Facilities management
● Community programs
Additionally, the ED will work in collaboration with the Board of Directors to strategically grow our organization to expand programs and services to help more animals and people in need in our community and beyond.
● 5+ years of executive organizational leadership and personnel management experience, overseeing operations, programs, budgets and staff in animal welfare
● Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
● Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
● Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
● Understanding of and commitment to sustainable business and operational practices
● The ability to act decisively in sometimes stressful and difficult, fast-paced situations
● Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative, confident, tactful, and diplomatic, able to get along with people from a wide range of backgrounds, as well as the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with discretion, while still leading with transparency
● Skilled in utilizing data and statistical information to inform, develop and implement strategic plans, including change management strategies and program direction; proven attention to detail with advanced organizational and time management skills
● Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
● Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
● Passionate about the humane treatment and care for animals
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Sunday, October 31, 2021