The South Suburban Humane Society is a managed admission shelter with 13 municipal stray hold contracts. We are located in south suburban Chicago Heights and have just begun construction on our new animal shelter to open in Spring 2022.
The Intake Specialist is a critical role within our organization.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Prepares am/pm medications as prescribed by our veterinarian and distributes them
• Assists with incoming vaccinations and administering second dues, diagnostics, and health monitoring
• Assists with daily rounds
• Interfaces with the public for surrender appointments, offer options to individuals to keep their pets, and assist police officers/ACOs with stray impounds
• Assists Director of Operations with lost/found initiatives
• Maintains accurate records and enter necessary information into the database
• Cleans and maintains a sanitary work environment in intake
• Cleans animal care kennels as necessary
• Protects the confidential information on customers and donors.
• Additional duties as assigned
Salary range is $12.25 to $15/hour. We offer a competitive benefits package, employee discounts and free wellness care for up to two personal pets annually. We encourage and pay for professional development.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Friday, May 28, 2021