A cover letter and resume are required in order to apply for this position.
Position: Medical Foster Coordinator
Job Status: Exempt
Reports to: Foster Manager
The primary responsibility of the Medical Foster Coordinator is management of all patients in foster homes due to body weight, age, or medical concerns (medical foster patients). The goal of the Medical Foster Program is to provide responsible, low stress home environments for shelter patients that require weight gain or medical care. The Medical Foster Coordinator is responsible for placing these patients in appropriate foster homes, scheduling appointments with the CASPCA Clinic, and responding to any concerns expressed by the fosters. Medical foster patients should only be in foster care for the minimum length of time necessary for them to be ready to proceed to their next step (most often sterilization surgery, dental surgery, or adoption). The Medical Foster Coordinator must be diligent in maintaining spreadsheets detailing the status of all medical foster patients and remain abreast of their needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Place kittens and puppies in foster homes as quickly as possible after their arrival at the CASPCA.
• Schedule surgeries and medical procedures for all foster animals as soon as they are ready.
• Maintain frequent communication with foster parents to determine if any medical foster patients require in-house evaluation or treatment due to clinical signs of disease.
• Remain calm and collected when speaking to foster parents about medical concerns; offer the appropriate amount of guidance over the phone to avoid unnecessary appointments whenever possible.
• Maintain frequent communication with the staff veterinarians (phone, email, in-person) about medical foster patients with clinical signs of disease that warrant a veterinarian’s involvement.
• Carry the after-hour emergency cell phone on all working days. The phone will be carried by the Clinic Services Coordinator and/or other Foster staff on days off.
• Ensure fosters have a positive and professional experience through exceptional customer service.
• Maintain spreadsheets detailing the CASPCA’s medical foster population.
• Maintain frequent communication with the Rescue Coordinator about scheduled transports with the goal of lining up medical foster homes in advance whenever possible.
• Assorted administrative tasks including scheduling appointments, maintaining clinic calendar, answering phones, filing, responding to emails, and processing payment transactions.
• Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by the Foster Manager.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• A minimum of 1 year in customer-service job related experience; experience in a veterinary clinic or animal shelter preferred.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Possesses a positive attitude and the ability to remains calm under pressure.
• Ability to work compassionately with clients in various emotional states.
• Must possess good critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Flexible and independent; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to CASPCA’s mission.
• Skill in operating or ability to quickly learn the various software programs utilized by CASPCA including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Database experience preferred.
• Ability to lift and transport materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
• The ability to bend and squat.
• Exposure to disinfectant solutions.
• Subject to animal bites and scratches while handling animals.
• Consistently exposed to animals and animal allergens under conditions with limited alternatives available.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Wednesday, May 19, 2021