Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls or walk-ins, please.
Position: Pet Promotion Expert
Job Status: Full time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Advancement
The role of the Pet Promotion Expert is to provide photography and video services to the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA (SPCA) to create marketing and promotional material for animals available for adoption. Materials may be used by other departments as needed. The Pet Promotion Expert creates print, digital, and social media content to reach potential adopters and to share our animals with the community. A high level of professionalism, flexibility, enthusiasm, creativity, and attention to detail is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Take striking photos of our adoptable animals to show them at their best, cropping and editing as needed. The animals' photos will be posted on the SPCA’s website and social media to promote our animals for adoption. Photos may be taken in a studio, in the foster family’s home, outdoors, or at adoption events.
• Create compelling videos of our adoptable animals, document the SPCA’s off-site adoption events, other events, and assist in creating marketing campaigns. Videos will be posted on the SPCA’s website and social media platforms to promote our organization and adoptable animals.
• Write colorful, accurate descriptions for our adoptable animals. The bios will be used on our website and social media platforms to introduce the animals to potential adopters.
• Will need to gather information on the animal by meeting the animals, collecting information from our shelter data management system, and talking to staff, volunteers, and fosters.
• Keep audience engaged by providing shareable and fun content on social media.
• Document and track on-going, and completed stories from start to finish.
• Collaborate with team members across all departments to create and edit dynamic, engaging content for SPCA publications, marketing materials and communications.
• Make updates to SPCA website.
• Manage SPCA digital assets including categorizing and archiving photos and marketing materials.
• Assist in the tracking, analysis, and reporting of departmental projects, expenses and metrics.
• Contribute to the development of annual marketing and fundraising plans.
• Create adoption specials.
• Handles all “Pet of the Week” media needs.
• Other duties as assigned that further program goals and objectives.
• Willing to drive the Compassionate Care-A-Van and be SPCA representative at offsite adoption events.
• You must have photography and video editing experience.
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to successfully prioritize and manage numerous projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, WordPress or comparable products.
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
• Detail oriented, with a positive and energetic attitude.
• Self-motivated and ambitious to learn new tools, media platforms and industry trends.
• Committed to and enthusiastic about the mission, programs and services of the SPCA.
• A basic knowledge of dog and cat behavior with an ability to read animal body language.
• Passion for communicating compelling stories through a visual medium.
Physical requirements are those present in normal office environment conditions. Employee is required to sit at a desk and work at a computer for long periods of time. Must be able to handle large animals. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Potential exposure to zoonotic diseases, dangerous and fractious animals, and high noise levels.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Thursday, January 13, 2022