The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Senior Specialist, Online Training for the Outreach, Engagement, and Training department. In this position you will develop and manage the construction and strategic growth of the Outreach, Education and Training department’s online training and educational content. Support the live and online components of Animal Care Expo. Provide overall departmental administration and reporting support.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and overseeing, while working with OET teams, additional recorded and live trainings to service new and expanding online animal welfare audience;
- Working with outside accrediting organizations to guarantee online trainings have approved continuing education credits, including submitting CE applications and managing renewals. Continuously working with OET teams ensuring content matches required CE accreditation standards. Providing appropriate certification receipts to qualified attendees and fulfill reporting requirements with accrediting agencies;
- Leading implementation, integration, and growth of new online learning platform;
- Compiling and organizing catalog of training/eLearning offerings on HumanePro, collaborating with HSUS departments to expand catalog of trainings as needed, and conceptualizing specific training tracks as needed;
- Assisting with outreach to acquire hosts/trainers and attendees for OET online training. Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with hosts and participants;
- Working to include DEI themes in online training and Animal Care Expo content and working to broaden audience and live/online attendance to include BIPOC and underserved communities;
- Developing and managing “Expo360” year-long online content and online community;
- Collaborating with HumanePro team to create marketing and promotion for online education and training. Contributing content for HumanePro newsletters, social media and website;
- Collecting and documenting feedback from partners and attendees, including interviews and surveys. Assessing training data regularly, reporting on outcomes, and implementing identified improvements;
- Working with Program Manager, Education to recruit and manage hosts and volunteers during Animal Care Expo Round Tables and other conference and networking events. Assisting with Animal Care Expo booth and other conference booth creation and staffing;
- Assisting Program Manager, Education with conference invoices and payments.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in project management, managing online communities, virtual training, animal sheltering or welfare, or equivalent work experience, preferred;
- Experience in a non-profit environment preferred;
- Must possess strong problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and web-based systems. Comfortable learning new software and systems;
- Must be organized and flexible, with an ability to balance concurrent and competing demands and projects and adjust quickly to a fast-paced environment and changing priorities;
- Strong work ethic, problem-solving capability, attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy and timeliness;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to work well as a member of team as well as independently;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document.
This is a remote position.
The health and safety of our candidates, employees, and the communities in which we work is our top priority. The Humane Society of the United States has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all U.S. employees, including new hires. We make reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs. All U.S. new hires will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their first day of employment.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Friday, September 16, 2022