Gulf Coast Humane Society Veterinary Clinic has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, energetic veterinarian to join our great team. We are a fast paced, high volume clinic that is priced to meet the needs of our diverse clients in this economy. We need a motivated individual to perform services for our full-service, affordable clinic. This person will also be involved with public relations in our community outreach programs and be a vital part of the management team. We are located in Fort Myers, Florida. Immediate opening available.
Job Summary / Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide quality care in a supportive work environment
• Provide exceptional client service
• Perform surgeries as needed. These include but are not limited to surgical sterilization (including pediatric), dentistry, and soft tissue.
• Perform physical examinations, provide treatments, recommend diagnostics and oversee humane euthanasia as required.
• Communicate with others effectively on wellness, medical and surgical cases.
• Work with Practice Manager in developing/reviewing protocols and procedures of clinic
• Work in conjunction with relief veterinarians at the practice on a daily basis
• Serve as ambassador between GCHS, customers, and the veterinary community
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree or equivalent
• License to practice Veterinary Medicine in Florida
• Ability to handle complex and/or emotional situations with a diverse clientele
• Ability to work efficiently with wellness, medicine, and surgery
• Two year small animal surgical experience as a veterinarian (some exceptions may be made based on internship experience
As an employer of choice, we will provide you:
• Competitive Salary
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Life and Afflac
• Paid Time Off
• Licensing Fees & Professional Dues
• Personal Pet Discounts
Our clinic currently has four exam rooms, a surgery suite and dental suite, digital x-ray, in-house pharmacy and Abaxis lab machines. The software we are using is a cloud-based system called eVet. We will be expanding our facilities in the near future. We have a great staff in place that lets you concentrate on the medicine and care of your patients.
Gulf Coast Humane Society Veterinary Clinic has been serving Southwest Florida since 2009 and the shelter was established in 1947. The clinic has grown over the years to become the premiere, affordable, clinic that it is today. Our primary mission is to provide exceptional patient care with outstanding service to the community at an affordable cost. We believe in a team approach to veterinary care. You can find us on the web at www.GulfCoastHumaneSociety.org.
If you are interested in pursuing this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter. A background check/drug screen will be required of the successful candidate. We are a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity employer.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Friday, December 31, 2021