Make a difference in the lives of pets and people while enjoying a competitive salary and great benefits at the Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation (SASF). As a leading regional animal welfare organization serving the East End of Long Island, SASF is now hiring a full time and part time veterinarian to join the shelter’s medial team. This is a great opportunity to turn your love for animals into a fulfilling career by joining a successful and growing organization in the heart of the Hamptons. SASF’s Wellness Clinic focuses on preventative medicine as well as surgical intervention, particularly for spaying and neutering animals.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Examine and treat animals
• Cultivate positive relationships with customers and their animals through regular communication and excellent record keeping
• Educate clients on the importance of vaccinations, heart worm treatments, flea and tick treatments and other aspects of preventive care
• Perform Spay/Neuter surgeries and other surgeries both at the shelter’s on-site Wellness Clinic and on its Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic
Experience & Qualifications:
• 3+ years’ experience as a veterinarian
• DVM required
• Dedication to long-term employment with our clinic
• Friendly, helpful personality
• Willingness to participate in continued education courses
This position is part-time or full-time offering a competitive salary based on experience. Full-time includes benefits (medical, dental, vision), PTO and holidays after 90 days of employment. SASF is an equal opportunity employer. All are encouraged to apply. Visit our website at sasf.org.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2022