The island of Vieques is known for our breathtaking beaches and welcoming atmosphere. There are many opportunities for snorkeling, scuba diving, hiking, and horseback riding. We also have plenty of bars and restaurants serving traditional Puerto Rican dishes as well as a variety of other cuisines. Vieques is a vibrant island with rich culture and would be a wonderful place to live.
Vieques Humane Society is seeking a veterinarian to provide services at our clinic in Vieques, Puerto Rico. Vieques Humane Society is an open admission humane society that operates a low-cost veterinary clinic focusing on spay/neuter, vaccination, and wellness visits. As the only clinic on the island, we pride ourselves on being able to extend our services to the community, where animals may otherwise go without veterinary care or medical intervention, especially in the event of an emergency. We are working towards becoming a full-service veterinary clinic and have recently added Idexx laboratory equipment to our practice, in addition to our surgical and wellness services. Our clinic is currently staffed Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday form 8am-5pm with a veterinarian and two veterinary assistants.
As a veterinarian at Vieques Humane Society, a typical day would include:
- Performing spays and neuters on owned animals as well as shelter animals
- Providing routine wellness exams and vaccinations to owned animals and shelter animals
- Performing routine physical examinations on owned animals and shelter animals and diagnosing, treating, and managing their medical cases
- Maintaining professional and complete medical records
- Providing client education
- Maintaining a professional and confidential work environment
- Evaluating and treating emergency medical cases as needed
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Thursday, July 1, 2021