Background – Founded in 1938 and consistently recognized as a top nonprofit organization in the Dallas Texas area, the SPCA of Texas is the leading animal wellbeing agency in North Texas. The SPCA of Texas is dedicated to providing every animal exceptional care and a loving home. With its headquarters in Dallas, three shelters and three spay/neuter clinics located in Dallas and McKinney, the SPCA of Texas serves as an active resource center providing an array of programs and services that bring people and animals together to enrich each other’s lives.
Job Summary – The SPCA of Texas is seeking a professional and mission-driven VP of Development to build the organization’s fundraising capacity in ways that effectively support its programs that dramatically change the lives of people and animals. Reporting to the President/CEO, the VP of Development serves as a key leadership team member and active participant in making strategic decisions affecting the SPCA of Texas. In partnership with the CEO, this position is responsible for all fundraising efforts around organizational initiatives.
• Expand and diversify the SPCA of Texas' donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives.
• Design and oversee a program to develop the SPCA of Texas’ top 100 relationships with focus and creativity; and personally manage 50-100 major gift prospects toward optimal engagement and support.
• Work with CEO and board of directors to secure capital funding for both strategic major campaign needs and annual capital expenditure needs.
• Responsible for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include major gifts, foundation grants, direct response and bequests.
• Assist with the support and coordination of all aspects of high value development work for the, the Chair of the Board, the Chair of the Development Committee, and other board of director members.
• Collaborate effectively with senior management, board of directors, key volunteers, and development staff to create a culture of philanthropy that fosters and encourages giving.
• Grow the planned giving strategy to insure growth of reserves to meet organizational needs.
• Actively engage with volunteers in such a way that provides support for our volunteers and staff and proactively improves our volunteer program.
• Be an ambassador for the SPCA of Texas, sharing the work and mission with your friends and family and be knowledgeable of the various ways to support our work.
• 10-plus years of professional experience in a +$10M nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources).
• Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral: ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
• Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
• Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the SPCA of Texas.
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred.
• Proficient in Blackbaud and Microsoft Office products.
• High energy and passion for the SPCA of Texas’ mission is essential.
• Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
• Customer focus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• CAWA will be given special consideration.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
The SPCA of Texas offers a competitive salary, a fun-filled work environment and strong corporate benefits package including a 100% paid health care premium for the employee and eligible dependents.
Please visit our website for a full job description, www.spca.org. Send letter/resume: firstname.lastname@example.org or 2400 Lone Star Drive, Dallas, Texas 75212.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Wednesday, May 5, 2021