At the Humane Society of the United States, our goal is to create a world where people and animals thrive together. If you work or volunteer with animals—whether you’re a shelter staffer, rescue volunteer, animal services officer, community cat advocate, wildlife rehabber, cruelty investigator, equine protector or veterinary professional—we want to help you make that a vision a reality in your community.
What do we offer?
HumanePro helps you support pet owners and others in your communities and save more animals’ lives. We work with shelter directors and other community leaders to bring you the best ideas, tested strategies and lifesaving insights from organizations around the country and the globe. Our dynamic, comprehensive resources include:
- Animal Care Expo, the largest animal welfare conference in the world
- Weekly news, fact sheets and how-to guides from our journalists in the field and a rich archive of past articles
- Regularly revised toolkits like our Eviction Response toolkit, Municipal Pet Policy toolkit and Community Outreach toolkit
- Blog with advice and opinions from animal welfare voices
- Jobs, our animal welfare career directory
- Trainings and webinars
- HumanePro News, our e-newsletter that sends our best resources right to your inbox
- Marketplace, our online store for print publications and materials to support your work
Who are we?
While experts throughout the HSUS contribute to HumanePro, our core team includes advocacy journalists and former shelter directors, cruelty investigators, animal services officers, rescue group leaders and nonprofit board members with a wealth of experience navigating the challenges you face. Just like you, we live and breathe animal protection every day.
- Amy Nichols, vice president, outreach, engagement and training.
- Mario Marzette, director, HumanePro.
- Kate Zajdel, web specialist, HumanePro.
- Bethany W. Adams, senior editor, HumanePro. Contact Bethany.
- Julie Falconer, senior editor. Contact Julie.
- James Hettinger, senior editor and former assistant editorial director of Animal Sheltering magazine.
- Lindsay Hamrick, director, shelter outreach and engagement.
- Danielle Bays, senior analyst, cat protection and policy.
- Amanda Arrington, senior director, Pets for Life.
- Hilary Hager, senior director, outreach and engagement.
Together, let’s shape the future of animal welfare.