- American Humane administers various grants and awards.
- ASPCA Grants program provides support to a variety of U.S.-based nonprofit animal welfare organizations through cash grants, sponsorships, and training.
- Banfield Foundation funds U.S. programs designed to keep pets and owners together. Various opportunities exist for 501(c)(3) organizations.
- The Binky Foundation offers a streamlined grant program for fledgling animal welfare organizations – shelters, rescue groups, TNR programs and others – providing “First Steps” and "Forward Steps" grants.
- Bissell Pet Foundation recognizes the lifesaving efforts of animal shelters and rescues of all sizes across the country. Grants are offered on various topics.
- The Doris Day Animal Foundation grants are awarded by invitation only to previous grantees.
- Giveffect offers software grants to eligible nonprofit organizations to help accelerate digital transformation and realize significant gains in fundraising and community building through donor and volunteer management, productivity, and cost-efficiency.
- The Grey Muzzle Organization provides yearly grants and special programs for 501(c)(3) organizations whose activities include helping senior dogs.
- The Kenneth A. Scott Charitable Trust invites proposals from active 501(c)(3) humane organizations based in the USA for projects designed to enhance the well-being of animals in Ohio and in the Great Lakes region (IL, IN, MI, WI, Western PA, Upstate NY, and Northeastern MN).
- Laura J. Niles Foundation supports charitable initiatives that foster life enrichment through canine and other animal companionship. The foundation's areas of concentration center around canine health research, animal protection & adoption, search & rescue training, human assistance and similar fields of interest.
- Live Stream Camera Grant for Animal Welfare aims to provide non-profit organizations like animal sanctuaries a way to further their outreach efforts in these uncertain times. At CCTV Camera World we support animal conservation because we would like to see a world where our children can grow up with biodiversity. We welcome organizations that are serious about animal conservation and advocate for continued support of a diverse ecosystem. This grant provides a livestream camera with necessary cable to allow streaming to YouTube Live.
- Maddie's Fund offers a variety of grants for animal welfare organizations.
- National Dog Abuse Investigation and Prosecution Program provides prosecutors with the resources to ensure that canine cruelty and dogfighting cases are thoroughly investigated and properly adjudicated by addressing some of the financial barriers that exist for law enforcement and prosecutors.
- Oxbow Animal Rescue Grant supports operating and programs for rescue organizations caring for specific species of small mammals, exotics and wildlife.
- The Pedigree Foundation offers grants to 501(c)(3) organizations for programs that help dogs.
- Petco Love supports non-profit animal organizations that care for animals in need, fight pet cancer, and celebrate our Helping Hero therapy and working animals.
- Petfinder Foundation offers a variety of grants to Petfinder members in good standing.
- PetSmart Charities, Inc. supports nonprofits, municipalities, and animal welfare organizations whose companion animal programs help enrich lives through the human-animal bond.
- The Rachel Ray Foundation partners with Best Friends Animal Society and has two grant opportunities available for Best Friends Network Partners.
- The Summerlee Foundation seeks to help the most overlooked, underfunded, and heavily exploited animals. The majority of our funding goes to small and medium-sized, lean and agile groups where we believe our contribution can be used quickly and have an out-sized impact. Our grant making is focused on assisting organizations in the United States (with a limited amount of Canadian funding). We believe in balancing hands-on, urgent, direct care for individual animals with efforts to address the root causes of suffering to affect a more enduring, systemic change.
- The USDA Rural Development Community Facilities Direct Loan & Grant Program offers loans and grants for essential community facilities, including municipal and private animal shelters.
- The William and Charlotte Parks Foundation for Animal Welfare makes awards, usually not more than $10,000 per annum, to support projects, research, and other activities calculated to advance the welfare of animals.
Submit a Grant
Submit a grant for inclusion on this page.
- Find additional funding opportunities by visiting Animal Grantmakers, an affinity group of foundations and organizations making grants to benefit animals.
- Use the Foundation Center’s Foundation Stats tool to explore the top funders of animal-related programs.
- Find funding specific to your state and geographic area using The Grantsmanship Center’s map tool.