- American Humane administers the Meacham grant to provide financial assistance to agencies for shelter expansion or improvements.
Deadline: October 31, 2021
- Animal Farm Foundation offers the People and Pets Together Grant and the Removing Breed Labels Grant, which are focused on addressing the human issues that keep dogs and people apart, as well as ways to bring dogs and people together to make the world better for all individuals.
- ASPCA Grants program provides support to a variety of U.S.-based nonprofit animal welfare organizations through cash grants, sponsorships, and training.
- Banfield Foundation funds U.S. programs designed to keep pets and owners together. Various opportunities exist for 501(c)(3) organizations.
- The Binky Foundation offers a streamlined grant program for fledgling animal welfare organizations – shelters, rescue groups, TNR programs and others – providing $1000 “First Steps” grants.
- Bissell Pet Foundation recognizes the lifesaving efforts of animal shelters and rescues of all sizes across the country. Grants will be considered for organizations working to reduce the homeless pet population through adoption, spay/neuter and microchipping.
Deadline: Application will open Fall 2021
- The Grey Muzzle Organization provides grants and special programs for 501(c)(3) organizations whose activities include helping senior dogs.
Deadline: Call for 2021 grants is closed. Check back in 2022
- The Kenneth A. Scott Charitable Trust invites proposals from active 501(c)(3) humane organizations based in the USA for projects designed to enhance the well-being of animals in Ohio and in the Great Lakes region (IL, IN, MI, WI, Western PA, Upstate NY, and Northeastern MN).
Deadline: September 15, 2021 and January 15, 2022.
- Laura J. Niles Foundation supports charitable initiatives that foster life enrichment through canine and other animal companionship. The foundation's areas of concentration center around canine health research, animal protection & adoption, search & rescue training, human assistance and similar fields of interest.
Deadline: Grants are reviewed in the order received on a rolling basis with no deadlines
- Maddie's Fund funds innovative solutions and creative thinking through inclusive and community-centric programs and projects for animal welfare.
- National Dog Abuse Investigation and Prosecution Program provides prosecutors with the resources to ensure that canine cruelty and dogfighting cases are thoroughly investigated and properly adjudicated by addressing some of the financial barriers that exist for law enforcement and prosecutors.
- Oxbow Animal Rescue Grant supports operating and programs for rescue organizations caring for specific species of reptiles, small animals, and wildlife, and cats.
- The Pedigree Foundation offers grants to 501(c)(3) organizations for programs that help dogs.
Deadline: May 7, 2021
- Petco Love supports non-profit animal organizations that care for animals in need, fight pet cancer, and celebrate our Helping Hero therapy and working animals.
Deadline: Various, check website
- Petfinder Foundation offers a variety of grants to Petfinder members in good standing.
- PetSmart Charities, Inc. supports nonprofits, municipalities, and animal welfare organizations whose companion animal programs help enrich lives through the human-animal bond.
Deadline: Various, check website
- The Summerlee Foundation focuses primarily on cats in the U.S. and Canada, dogs primarily in Latin America, wildlife, marine life, sanctuary for captive animals, wildlife rehabilitation and emergency funding.
Deadline: Closed to any additional grant proposals for fiscal year July 2021-June 2022. Check back early 2022 for further updates.
- The USDA Rural Development Community Facilities Direct Loan & Grant Program offers loans and grants for essential community facilities, including municipal and private animal shelters, in communities with populations under 20,000.
- The William and Charlotte Parks Foundation for Animal Welfare makes awards, usually not more than $10,000 per annum, to support projects, research, and other activities calculated to advance the welfare of animals.
Deadline: 2021 applications closed on May 5, 2021
Submit a Grant
Submit a grant for inclusion on this page.
- Find additional funding opportunities by visiting Animal Grantmakers, an affinity group of foundations and organizations making grants to benefit animals.
- Use the Foundation Center’s Foundation Stats tool to explore the top funders of animal-related programs.
- Find funding specific to your state and geographic are using The Grantsmanship Center’s map tool.