Reporting to the board of directors, the Executive Director is a compassionate leader whose decision-making and relationship skills reflect a commitment to the mission of the Aggieland Humane Society. S/he is responsible for the organizations’ direction, shelter operations, personnel, and management. The Executive Director cultivates support for the organization by building relationships with donors and key stakeholders, offering opportunities to make an impact for pets in need through support of Aggieland Humane Society mission-related activities and programs.
The ideal candidate will have nonprofit leadership experience and an understanding of animal welfare and sheltering. S/he will also demonstrate success in fundraising, possess strong people skills, and the ability to work up, down, across the organization and community to achieve goals. S/he will have experience working with a board of directors, staff and volunteers, and the capacity to develop and nurture relationships with key stakeholders and donors.
Qualifications and Professional Expectations:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible nonprofit management and supervisory experience.
• Fundraising and resource development experience is required. Proven major gift and capital campaign experience highly desired.
• An understanding of animal welfare and sheltering issues, as well as experience working with local officials and animal control contracts, is preferred.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to promote a professional image.
View a PDF of the full position details at https://adisagroup.com/aggieland_search. The salary range for this position begins at $68,000, commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter summarizing your qualifications as they relate to the position description to email@example.com.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2021