The Humane Society of the United States is pleased to offer our first Animal Care Expo Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) scholarship. The goal of this scholarship is to remove obstacles and broaden the number of traditionally underrepresented groups in animal welfare by offering a limited number of scholarship grants to Animal Care Expo 2022 to be held in Orlando, Florida from April 19-22. Animal Care Expo is a professional development conference for those who work or volunteer in animal welfare including animal shelters, rescue groups and the veterinary field.
The scholarships are limited to Black, Indigenous, and people of color who are currently working or volunteering in the field of animal sheltering and rescue in the United States. Due to Covid, you must be 18 or older to attend. This scholarship offers an organization $1,500 towards Animal Care Expo registration and travel expenses.
Before beginning this application process please do the following:
- Review the scholarship information and requirements document
- View our hotels page and registration rates page
- Review the schedule and determine if Learning Labs will be added to registrations. Learning Labs are daylong sessions on Tuesday, April 19.
- Review the grant agreement
If selected to receive a scholarship your organization will need to provide the following:
- A completed EFT authorization (bank information) form (this document will be provided)
- Your organization’s W-9 form (you must use this 2018 version - version year is in the top left corner)
- An IRS determination letter (for exempt organizations) or a federal tax identification number, such as a W-9 form (for government entities)