Continuing education opportunities
Animal Care Expo 2023
Please note: CE providers require attendees to self-report their hours. The HSUS will not be reporting CEs on behalf of any attendees, unless otherwise notated next to the specific credit. The HSUS does not take responsibility in the case that the governing body chooses not to accept pre-approved CEs for any reason.
Certified Animal Welfare Administrators (CAWA)
The Humane Society of the United States is an approved provider of content that enhances professional competence and aligns with the 5 domains of the CAWA Exam specifications. Every hour of training equals 1 CE towards CAWA certification.
National Animal Care & Control Association (NACA)
This conference has been approved for Continuing Educational Units by the National Animal Care & Control Association (NACA). National certificate holders can submit for credit consistent with the NACA CEU policy located at nacatraining.org/continuing-education-recertification.
American Association of Veterinary State Boards (RACE)
The Animal Care Expo sessions listed below have been submitted for approval for continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE approval; however participants should be aware that some boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in certain categories and/or restrictions on certain methods of delivery of continuing education. Contact HSVMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT)
The following sessions have been approved for continuing education units by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers. Any attendees wishing to claim CCPDT CEs at relevant Expo sessions are responsible for signing in at the session and providing their certificant number. The Expo team will report all sign-ins after the event so you can claim your CEs.
- The Learning Lab Canine assessment for risk behavior on Monday, 4/3, has been approved for 5 CEUs for trainers
- Improving shelters by creating a LIMA-based culture on Tuesday, 4/4, has been approved for 1 CEU for trainers
- Shelter dog behavior: What are they doing when nobody’s looking? on Tuesday, 4/4, has been approved for 1 CEU for trainers
- Changing perspective: Fear Free, a kind approach on Tuesday, 4/4, has been approved for 1 CEU for behavior consultants
- Beyond treats: Functional rewards for everyday dog interactions on Wednesday, 4/5, has been approved for 1 CEU for behavior consultants
The Animal Care Expo team is in the process of finalizing our schedule of sessions for Expo 2023. Once sessions have been finalized, we will be submitting relevant sessions for pre-approval for the following continuing education credits:
- International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
This page will be updated as sessions are approved by these CE providers.