Join animal welfare leaders for this discussion of trends in pet acquisition and hear their thoughts on the role of animal shelters in helping families find pets as the adoptable pet population decreases. In this facilitated discussion, we’ll review some data on the homeless pet population, regional trends and the ways animal shelter programs are responding to these changes.
- Denise Deisler | CEO/President, Jacksonville Humane Society
- Ed Jamison | President, Texas Unites, Vice President, National Animal Care & Control Association, Board member, Directors for Shelter Animals
- Brad Shear | Executive Director, Potter League for Animals
- Abigail Smith | Executive Director, Animal Welfare Society
- Lindsay Hamrick, CPDT-KA | Director of Shelter Outreach & Engagement, the Humane Society of the United States
to Shelter Operations Standard